07 January 2007

yes, I'm still here

I just had to post these two cutest occurences today:

First, this evening Fi took a small sheet of notebook paper & folded it in half. She drew some rudimentary keyboard buttons on the bottom half. A designated on button & a separate off button, as well. She proceeded to tell me that she was "prittytend Nikki" and that was her computer. "It has games, and stories, and music and everything." Maddie got in on it too. She made a larger scale version for Fi with a mouse attached. Fi decorated it -with a flower on the top of the outside, even. There was also a finger pad thing that I don't know the proper name of b/c I don't have a laptop. The key's for F, A, I, O, and N as well as some other indiscernable letters were drawn. She would scroll on the mouse with her right hand, then scroll on the finger pad with her left, then push the mouse button. "wanna listen to some mooosmic?" "wait, I have to turn off my computer b4 I go to sleep" "when I wake up, we can listen to some more mooosmic". She made a little folded paper into a cellphone. I think she was in the midst of making an ipod when I told her it was time to turn off the light. Geez, the things these kids know these days. She and Maddie were arguing about "downloading" something on the "prittytend computer". Even Lib knows her way around the computer & requests daily to get her fair turn online. (I had to set up a child friendly account just for the little ones to access their sites; e.g. PBS, Sprout, Nick jr, Noggin). I think when I was 3, I played with dolls & other mundane circa 1960's child type activities.

2) Maddie tonight tells me that when she's falling asleep she likes to think about how it will be when she's a saint. Oh yes, she did say that. Right out of the blue. Like it's just a given. "I wonder what kind of saint I'll be when I die" I think is what she said. And "well, you're going to be a saint, aren't you mom?" Um. Weeeeelllll. ahem. I told her that saints are the kindest, most generous, unselfish people she can imagine & if she would like to do so, she should certainly try to be like that. (that's got my name written all over it, huh?) Oh, and she'll have to perform miracles. Well, if this is stimulation for good behaviour, bully for Madster. She certainly does like to go to mass. Hey, if things continue in this vein, maybe I'll only have 3 weddings to pay for!

No comments: