08 February 2009

etc

So the interview went well. I'm sure she made a memorable impression thanks to the blue hair. We then went to breakfast at Tom's Diner -excellent homemade green chile to smother my omelet.

Later we went to The Arc to score those cloisonne bracelets I've had my eye on. Half price sale day is always a good thing...exactly how I scored Fi's dresser last weekend!

Then we went to Babysitter's Nightmare & Fashion Nation so Maddie could check out the clothes. Of course I got to reminiscing & wondering what happened to some of my old clothes. Well, I know I gave my old Docs away. Not that they would fit me or Maddie now. Those last two kids ruined my perfect size 6 feet, you know. And Mad's feet are nearly as big as mine are now. (Did I tell you that humorous story about trying to pass down my old snowboarding boots to her?) I do have my leather jacket...it still smells like patchouli :) But my spiked leather belt? No clue. And don't forget that moment of lunacy when I gave away all of my concert t-shirts. Yeah, don't remind me.

We also drove over to Lakewood to check out Gimme Gimme Pillow Toast 'cause you know how we are with kawaii! And Maddie's become enamored with the gothic lolita style. She so badly wants to dress differently than everyone else in her school, but right now only feels comfortable having different hair colors. She's such an interesting kid & it's exciting watching her grow & change.

No comments: