19 June 2009

another thing

Did I mention that daylight lasts longer in Spain? Oh yeah. 10pm in Spain looked kinda like 8pm in Denver. I'm finally over the jet lag. I think the difference in daylight had something to do with it. I really really enjoyed the longer days. Of course I already knew that from my experience in the Scottish Highlands 10 years ago.

And why can't the parks in Denver be beautiful & artful? Can't a park be practical, greenspace & pretty at the same time?? Hmmmm, no changing that anytime soon. The only recourse I can see in the short term is to create something beautiful in my own little world. Pictures when I'm done.

The Bucs are in town this weekend. I wish the Stanley Cup were visiting too.

No plans for Father's Day yet. Any suggestions?

I wanna do the Muddy Buddy in August. Anyone want to be on my team? I have a maybe from my lovely friend Amber. What can be more fun than running+biking+mud+friends+Boulder? Well, maybe some things come to mind, but it sounds like a good time.

My new, favorite kitchen utensil is my KitchenAid blender wand thing-y. OMG. Why didn't I have one sooner???? Smoothies without having to drag out the whole, honking blender? LOVE it!!

The girls are now subjecting me to daily doses of "Jonas". Is there no mercy? Sure each episode is fair enough funny. But thanks to the modern marvels of Comcast & OnDemand, we get to view each episode over&over&over&over, ad nauseum. Blech. Fine, it's not that I let them watch it all day, every day. But really, once is enough. And then there's the OnDemand JoBros music videos. It's gonna be a long summer.

2 comments:

Chloe m said...

Please post your creations when you get done! I would love to see! And I love your new header. Looking good! I finished my new header about a week ago and have yet to put it on. Too scared it won't work!

rockymtmama said...

Thanks! I will do -probably Sunday I'll be finished. You should put the new header up! It took a few tries for me to get this one "right". It's still not quite what I wanted but I think it would be too too distorted if I made it any shorter.