13 September 2005

Cody update

Well, after visiting the vet yesterday, Cody has been given a January '04 birthdate. She's healthy & vaccinated. The vet guessed that she is a chow mix. I thought to myself that anytime I see a stray online @ a shelter somewhere & the breed is unknown, the dog is called "chow mix"! I don't know about you but I just don't see a lot of chows running around loose or otherwise. In fact, Nikki's dad is the only person that I know of who has chows (other than Martha Stewart lol). For how much credit that breed is given to strays, they must be the most fertile breed around.

Anyway. The more I look @ her, the more I see chow. Well, at least when her ears are down she looks chow-ish.

She's quite slobbery today...I forgot about that aspect of dogs as pets...big ol' drops of slobber...quarts of it in the car.

The cat is becoming more tolerant. They can now stand about 6 inches apart & she doesn't hiss. They are a strange pair, though. The dog likes the cat's food & the cat likes the dog's food. They share a water bowl. AND they both think the guinea pig looks like a tasty morsel. Poor Denali.

No comments: