12 July 2008

prayers for Linda Lowery

A good friend has been in hospital since Wednesday. She's had a stroke. She's not much older than I. I'm going to visit tomorrow. I've never been good at hospital/illness type visits. I think I had some kind of traumatic experience as a small child. Could be the whole near drowning experience. Could be even earlier than that when my paternal grandmother (?) was in a "home". I think I was about 3 or 4. Really this will be the first time I've had a friend my age in hospital with such a serious condition. And I'm kind of freaked out. I spoke with her daughter briefly this evening. She sounds to be holding up well. I don't know I would have had the same composure at 23. I don't know if I'd have composure at 41 if my mom were in the same place, God forbid. Linda's condition has been weighing heavily on my mind. I've been feeling a bit weepy, a bit out of sorts. The girls have all made get-well cards -with butterflies, Linda's favorite. Even now, just thinking about the visit, I'm feeling anxious, a tightness in my chest. I don't know what else to say....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel.

big hugs!

i hope your friend recuperates soon and without discomfort.

if you need me to watch the girls at all when you visit, just call.