10 September 2009

it's a small small world

Proof positive that we all breath the same air -when a wildfire burns unabated in Cali, the sky in CO is blech & the mountains disappear. Look at that horizon. I could be in Kansas....



And the sunrise outside our house. Wah! It was like this for four days too long! Hope the firefighters continue to be successful in the fire's containment.




Look what Maddie & I found at ARC last weekend! We were going to take it outside but when Maddie started carrying the book it was on, the Katydid started freaking out so we left it there. Yeah, I empathize; sometimes I'm most content when surrounded by books, too :)

3 comments:

Chloe m said...

Katydids like bargains too.

The haze was just horrible from the fires. I am so glad it has cleared up a bit. It hits close to home when I see forests burning and houses along with them. I wonder when our number will come up? Grab the scrapbooks, and vominous! I don't know if that is even correct spanish. I got bad grades in language.

Anonymous said...

That was a Praying Mantis, not a katydid.

rockymtmama said...

yes, I know it is a praying mantis, "anonymous". I just hadn't yet taken the time to edit the post. Thanks for reminding me :)