29 September 2009

two finished projects

I'll post details later...I just wanted to get the pics up since I haven't been here for awhile -& now you know why :)

The first hat is called Spring Beret. I think I'll do another one but in a different color -and probably a different yarn. This is in Lily Peaches & Cream cotton. I'm afraid that it'll shrink like the dishcloths I've knit...and then I'd have an American Girl Doll sized hat for Fiona's Julie ;P







This one is called Foliage. I had seen the pattern last year some time, then while I was still working at JoAnn's I saw this yarn that was part of a four skein kit to make a felted purse. I thought it would be perfect for the Foliage hat. And then the kit went on clearance for $7.00 (plus discount!)!! And voila! A handmade christmas present from me for Olivia (hence Fiona is modeling)




2 comments:

Chloe m said...

You have got yourself some crazy knitting fingers there woman. ( that is knitting, right? I am not the crafty string type.)
So gorgeous on your daughter!
Rosey

rockymtmama said...

yep, knitting. I'm finishing a different hat, and the second of a pair of mittens, and I've started another of the pink hat -but in blue.

Thanks!