24 October 2007

Are you freaking kidding me?????

World Series Rockies GM 4 Oct 28 4 Together
Fab 4 tix 10th Row Plate Side of Visitors Dugout
...$7500
!!! Oh mein Gott im Himmel! There are 14 (fourteen!) bids!! It's a baseball game! And there are 15 hours left to bid for these beauts on Ebay. I have to say, at least the seller appears to be from Denver.

I read this interview G sent me the other day...David Chase of Sopranos fame talking about the ending of the final episode & how appalled he was that folks were so up in arms about what he chose for the finale. He said something about how there was a war going on & an intended bomb attack in London at the time, implying that people obviously should be more concerned about worldly things other than Tony Soprano's fate. I have to concur with that (although I add that as disturbing a thwarted bombing is, us common folk don't have a whole lot of say over what is happening in Iraq at the moment...don't blame me, I NEVER voted for King George). I now wonder at the fiscal morality of some people. $7500 for baseball tickets?!?!?! I could buy a car. Pay for a year of my daughter's tuition. Start a lending program for a whole village of women in Africa.

Then again, as I look down the Ebay listings, I see many pages of tickets being offered for starting in the thousands. Not a whole lot of bids.

Randomly checking location of the sellers leads me to believe that the tickets have originally been purchased evenly between locals, out-of-towners, and scalpers. What does this mean? The online purchasing scheme was fair? People bought tickets thinking that they'd make some easy money? I'd laugh -out loud & very loudly- if 1/2 these folks had to eat their tickets because no one coughed up the dough. Meanwhile, I would love to have gotten tickets...AND GONE TO THE GAME because I ENJOY BASEBALL.

No comments: