22 October 2007

ATCs & coolness

My two latest contributions to the CMP ATC exchange:

This is for the September theme "signs". I originally thought of street signs but figured it would be the same as other folks. I also thought of church marquees, but saw that someone else had already used that. So two other ideas came to mind - the movie "Signs" and zodiac signs. I went with the latter. I used my new semi-favorite tools, dip pen & ink. I had never used them before even though I had bought them a few months ago. What a great medium!


This is the August theme "journey". Of course my first impulse was to do a variation of a Journey album. On second thought I went with the mini-map of our summer vacation


This was the coolest old, semi torn down building I have ever seen. I discovered it on Broadway walking south to GB's fish & chips from the light rail station after the GABF on Saturday. I love how the chunks of cement hang seemingly in midair. It reminded me of a giant version of that jewelry you've seen with beads strung sporadically on monofilament.

This is what I saw as I walked past.

No comments: