27 August 2009

10 days in

Some may say it's blasphemy, I call it the perfect pint.


I've been doing the morning green smoothie for 10 days now. So far so good. I ran out of vanilla Spirutein on Tuesday so yesterday's smoothie was a bit, well, green. I used romaine lettuce, a peach, a banana, & o.j. Very lettuce-y tasting. Today had a couple plums instead of the peach & I added a teaspoon or so of vanilla extract & a teaspoon of agave to offset the lettuce taste -it turned out really yummy & saved about 100 calories. Spinach definitely adds the least amount of extra flavor. I do like collards in my smoothie, though. Yes, raw collards. It's quite tasty. I think that's what this picture is.

I'm back on track with my C25K running program. I took some days off after Spain because I had jet lag so bad the first week back. A couple days turned into more like 2 months. I ended up starting all over again just for the sake of not pushing too much & injuring myself, like I did last year when I tried this program. So far, so good. Tomorrow will be week 3, day 1. This morning I went as soon as I dropped off the littles at school. There's a bike path nearby & the loop I did was just about the perfect distance. I think that's what's going to work out best until I can get back into going to bed earlier so I can run before I take Maddie to school (I just can't seem to wake up at 5:30 am to go running when I fall asleep at 12:30am. Go figure.)

2 comments:

Chloe m said...

Your smoothie looks yummy. The color reminds me of the kiwi one I made once, too many seeds for my liking.
Way to go, with the running. I am such a sucky runner, it's horribly embarrassing.
I am going to try your spinach idea, I am regretting eating that slice of peach pie now. At least it was homemade, right?
Rosey

rockymtmama said...

I think this was actually kiwi, green grape, collards, & spirutein. Yeah, it was seedy. & my counter top blender jar broke, so I'm using my stick blender -makes for a "chewy" kind of smoothie, if you will. But still yummy.

I bet you get way more hikes in than I do :) (lucky!)

And homemade peach pie should never be regretted!! I was thinking about making one on the weekend. Got a good recipe? Mine usually ends up really runny (but delish)