16 January 2010

it's a love/hate relationship pt 1

between me & prozac, that is. I find it to be a necessary evil. I've posted before -at least I think I have- about how I've had depressive symptoms pretty much all my life. Hereditary, I think, since I have a maternal aunt & a paternal uncle (& who knows who else, because it's just not talked about) who are so "afflicted". Anywho, I finally bit the bullet a few years ago after I had Lib & post partum depression was unbearable. After a couple weeks of incessant crying & ruminating on my life (or possible lack thereof), I called my doc & begged for some kind of relief. Fluoxetine was her answer. And a therapist -which has been an on again/off again experiment.

Needless to say, breastfeeding Lib was out. I felt like I was letting her down, but hey, at least she still had a mom in her life to bottle feed her. Those little white capsules were a lifesaver thrown to a drowning woman -and for her family.

TBC

No comments: