20 May 2005

my guilty pleasure pt zwei

I've been watching The Sopranos lately. On DVD. On loan from the library. (we have the best library, for a little local branch) Second season. Hilarious. I'm waiting impatiently for the library to get the 3rd season of Six Feet Under. Yeah, I know, I'm behind a few seasons. Good things come to those who wait?

My other t.v. confession: The Shield. Yes, tripe that it is, the script is cliche after cliche. Super humorous stuff, though. Who the hell thinks up this stuff? And the violence & sex is very risque. My weekly dose of shock treatment. And on regular t.v! Shocking, isn't it?!

And then CSI. The script is laughable. The hyper cool psuedo-technology is key. Ah if only real life were an imitation of art (or the weak facsimile thereof). There would be no need for shows like "Unsolved Mysteries". Crime could be reduced to a micro dimension of its current state. Criminals would know that they have zero chance of escaping justice b/c such crack detectives as those fine men & women from CSI would have the cases sorted out within a week. OMG, the technology!!!!!! And the court system would never fail to prosecute the right person & sentence them accordingly. Ah my dream world. I would be queen. Wait, I am queen...of my house.... So in my world, that is, I would be independently wealthy. And the nightly news would report good news & not advertise & aggrandize violence for the sake of making headlines & ratings. hmmm. to be continued....

1 comment:

lindsay girl. said...

you'd want to see the australian dramas we get over here. i'm addicted to a tripe medical drama called 'all saints' and trev won't stop making fun of me for shooshing him during ER.