14 May 2005

this morning...

So I kind of woke up this morning to the DD2 & friend whispering about what to do while everyone was sleeping & why weren't the teenagers up yet (guess they don't yet know that teenagers sleep w/ a different internal clock & 7am is not a normal waking hour lol). Then I heard the teenagers talking (I can only imagine it was b/c the 1st graders's wouldn't let them sleep much longer). DD4 woke next & someone (in the teen years) must have gotten her out of her crib. Then DD3 woke up & was whisked into the living room by DD1's friend D. I couldn't sleep much longer than that myself. I think I finally did wake around 8 to the tune of the new Wiggly Wiggly World dvd. There were so many voices & so much energy in the house. It was very exciting. In fact, it made my day! I was reminded of when we lived in Family Housing @ CU & DD1 would have lots of friends over & neighborhood kids would visit, etc etc etc. I really miss having all that energy in our house. Not that we have a lack of energy here or anything. It was just really cool to be around. Everybody hanging out together & chatting. Clamboring for breakfast. Even the little spats b/t the two first graders was okay. Hopefully, when school's out & we've moved (or b4 then, even) we'll be able to have the girls' friends over again. I do really enjoy having lots of kids around :)

No comments: