19 May 2005

my guilty pleasure

okay, so I don't necessarily watch zero television. Here I am tapping this out instead of watching the season finale of CSI...directed by Quentin, no less. The Madster got a little freaked out by the ants attacking Nick. She was fine until then, but the thought of the creepy crawlers pushed her to the brink of her heebeegeebee tolerance. Surprisingly, she usually enjoys CSI, solving the crimes, knows its not real, etc. No one but Quentin would blow someone up on t.v. & then have someone eaten alive by ants. Damn & now here I am in Snick's room keeping Madst company.

Then I went & made the mistake of telling Madster that I wouldn't watch the new Star Wars w/o her...even if it's for 3 years!!! What was I thinking?!?! I am faced w/ the dilemma of either telling the little white lie & going anyway & pretending I know nothing. Or just not seeing it on the big screen. Grrrrr. Understandably this would have to be the darkest of the most recent episodes. There has to be that edge that Darth Vader falls over into complete surrender to the dark side. I'm sure that if George Lucas were to film the earlier three installments in the 21st century, they would all be quite a bit more violent than what they are. I mean, there just wasn't the technology, nor the desensitivity to violence, in the late 70's/early 80's. But damn those toy tie-ins. If the movie isn't for kids, then neither should there be toys to entice the same kids that can't go to the movie. How mean is that?!

Well, I won't make the same mistake w/ the new Batman. & omg, I hope upon hope that it's better than the 4th film. That one was so bad, I can't even remember the title. It was ridiculously silly. Then again, what did I expect w/ Arnold, Gov of Cali, as Mr Freeze. I remember the disappointment as the movie played on & it sucked so badly. Why the heck did I sacrifice sleep to see it @ the first midnight showing???? I have higher hopes for Christian Bale. Clooney was by far the worst. Yet, Michael Keaton left mighty big batshoes to fill for future would be batmen. I do believe Bale will be the hottest batman yet. Val Kilmer wasn't bad. But again, the technology has advanced so much even in the last 15 years or how ever long ago that was.

8 comments:

lindsay girl. said...

hehehe, it's ok... i won't go see the new star wars by choice. my entire four years of filmic collegiate-ness is up-ended everytime i see the ridiculousness that hollywood money is spent on. i'd rather go rent the philadelphia story for the eighth time or memorize the second series of family guy. tell maddie she's not missing much, and in fact, the next time her aunt lindsay sees her, she'll buy her a day at the park to be topped off with ice cream of massive porportions.

lindsay girl. said...

oh, and cindy, if you can get it... 'juno and juliet' by julian gough is a great book. i just finished it. good stuff, and light enough to laugh at.

rockymtmama said...

Lindsay, Garrett says "LOSER". I wonder about the quality of your upbringing...what w/ having 2 older brothers. How can you not appreciate, at least for the sake of special effects, any of the Star Wars flicks? Granted one may have to be high, or in another state of mind of some sort (which guys are naturally), in order to fully appreciate the storyline. (I once thought I understood what R2D2 was saying) ( altered state, of course) hahahahaha!

lindsay girl. said...

the first three are brilliant of course. i just can't get into this whole idea that special effects are more important than stories. the stories of the 'episodes' have sucked big time. bored outta my mind, and i'm the one who came up with a drinking game for 'armageddon' ... so as you can see, my standards aren't necessarily on the highest level.

i will remain faithful to the first three, when lucas was just as poor and stupid as me... when he spent his time thinking it was funny to have an incest story and entire civilizations of ewoks.

i am a loser, but hey ... at least i didn't throw one of my parents' camping chairs in a river (never to be seen again) and lose my temper with a helpless canoe.

rockymtmama said...

eh? I can only imagine who...but why? when? omg. He & Maddie are more alike that he lets on. I must know more! This is something I've never heard about b4. Garrett tries to resist it, but I know it's there, calling to him...come back to the dark side Garrett. Oh the drama hahahaha

rockymtmama said...

Oh & Garrett said that it wasn't his fault that the chair fell in the river & was lost. The canoe capsized...he had nothing to do w/ it.

lindsay girl. said...

he lies!!! it was totally his fault. ;)

rockymtmama said...

I thought so...nothing is EVER his fault, you know. hahahaha! Just like the selective hearing. And the "deep sleep" ruse. What is it w/ guys??? Lucky you...Trev cooks! That is a wonderful redeeming quality. I was promised stuffed shells 3 years ago....