05 December 2005

the new me

So, I've just had my hair bleached. I hated it dark. I've had highlights for forever. I got tired of that & had it dyed closer to my natural color. It was okay at first. Then it just made me look tired & old all the time. I started FEELING old & tired. Ugh. Enough of that already. I'm too young to feel/look that way! So the real me, the "old" (DD2 holds up & scrunches the 1st two fingers of both hands ) me is baaaaaack!

Good grief it was aging, that dark hair on me. Hmmmm, I suppose some of it has to do w/ these kids aaaargh who don't sleep through the night regularly or who wake up at the friggin' crack. Didn't need to LOOK like I felt, though. What an eye opener. yeah, that & seeing this couple @ DD2's school performance -the husband looked abt 10 years younger than the wife. I'm sure not b/c he was, but b/c she's the one getting up w/ the kids & not getting enough exercise or time for herself. I thought to myself that I never want to LOOK older than G, at least. So I woke up on Friday w/ the solution. Go back to blonde. Shocking but effective. I still look twice when I walk past a mirror hahahaha. Now to make time for myself. Challenging new years resolution.

No comments: