07 December 2005

things I miss about Pittsburgh

a comprehensive list which may be appended as neccesary

  • friends -(Chris, Denise, Angela, Joe & Kim, Sean)(forgive me if I'm forgetting anyone)
  • friends' families
  • the Steelers
  • the Pirates
  • the Pens
  • Primanti's
  • Mineo's pizza
  • O cheese fries
  • King's hot roast beef sandwich & fries w/ gravy
  • Eat 'n Park smiley face cookies
  • Chi Chi's fried ice cream
  • Moio's (I can't find a decent Italian bakery out here for the life of me)
  • that unique PGH accent and all the peculiar, particular idioms
  • the occasional smell of bacon on the North Side emanating from Heinz
  • the Strip -Wholey's & Sunseri's in particular
  • Chief's for people watching
  • Dee's for people watching
  • ice skating @ Schenley Park
  • the Point in summer
  • Carnegie Science Center (best kids' museum I've been to)
  • South Side
  • Mt Washington
  • Gus and Yiayia's Ice Balls
  • Walnut Street
  • Candy Rama
  • shopping downtown during xmas season
  • the Gateway Clipper
  • riding the Duquesne incline
  • the Allegheny River (yeah I have a favorite)
  • puff pastry from the Verona Giant Eagle
  • how Denise's parents' house always smells like yummy cake goodness & her mom's delicious cakes!!
  • University of PGH...go Pitt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good list. It sure did make me homesick!

A few additions:

'DVE Rocks!
The University of Pittsburgh (Lets go PITT!)
Pittsburgh Zoo...one of the best I've been to
Penn Pilsner

BTW...chi chi's is out of business :(.

rockymtmama said...

well, chi chi's food did suck the last time I was there (4 years ago).

I don't miss 'DVE so much b/c we have some rockin' stations out here.

Haven't been to the zoo since it was renovated. Have heard good things & will go next time I visit.

Pitt...Yes! thanks for the reminder.