26 February 2006

chez moi

Libby has learned from Maddie's example; she now asks for "fresh water" every night at bed time.

We have pets straight out of a cartoon: the cat literally chases the dog around the room. She's a decent sized dog too. She could, if she wanted to, eat the cat. Bizarre.

Why did I spend x$ on winter gear? We've only had a couple weeks of subzero weather. Thank god it all gets passed down. I knew there was SOME good reason for having all girls. Other than the daily drama that is oh so mildly entertaining -until the 5th (by no means the last) freak out of the day -at 10 am.

I had the girls out in the bike trailer today! Yay! Tomorrow promises to be even warmer. You will find us on the bike path. Hey, I may just lose some weight b4 the wedding (no, not mine ya freaks -it's the cutest couple in Ireland's wedding).

I so badly want to go to the eggs & kegs St Paddy's day party in LoDo. The Fray is playing -for free. Alas, children & a later in the day plane ride to RI will dampen that happy thought.

I am enlivened by the simplest things in life: I bought a wet/dry vac yesterday. Today I vacuumed the minivan. I am beyond bliss at the sight of the clean interior.

I have watched this week: North Country -it was a fabulous cinematic creation. Every actor put forth an above average performance. Sissy Spacek had minimal lines & she was impressive -not to mention Charlize Theron & Frances McDormand who deserves a supporting actress award. The only person for whom his role was not a stretch was Woody Harrelson. The story itself reminded me why I took on a second major in Women's Studies.

We also watched the Chumscrubber. Interesting and not bad for an indie flick.

I am miffed that I spent time watching women's curling up until the end & then didn't get to see a medal ceremony. I truly feel curling is the next big thing -but that's another story. I felt ripped off by my inability to partake vicariously in the culmination of the event. WTF. We saw Sweden win. Break away to commercial then an interview w/ the team's skip. End of the day's events. Anyway. Am I just mistaken & the actual award ceremony is some other time not immediate to the end of the gold medal round? If so, why is it not advertised as such? There were sooooooooooooo many commercials. Out of 11 ends, I don't think we saw any of the 1st two shots. We saw the 1st end, break to commercial, back to the event on the 3rd shot. EVERY time! No wonder viewership was at an all time low this year. It's not like the SuperBowl that some people watch specifically for the new commercials. The commercials during the olympics weren't entertaining; they were annoyingly too frequent.

I also thought maybe it was because the US was long gone out of the race. Even still, I would feel ripped off. I enjoy the medal ceremonies -hearing the various national anthems, seeing the teary-eyed winners (or whatever their individual reactions would be). I believe I saw one medal ceremony & it was tonight. Let's just say that there were plenty of advertisements but not nearly enough for the actual olympics as to when I -or anybody else- might want to tune in.

I should quit now b4 I start into a tirade about the evils of advertisements. It could get lengthy & I have a cold double shot of Brendan's waiting for me.

No comments: