15 February 2006

Vday

Usually I am loath to celebrate Vday; it can prove to be a disappointing day. HOWEVER, I will say that this year took me by surprise -in a very good way. I have been known to call a certain someone "the most unromantic person in the world". I have been proven wrong. Or perhaps I knew it was always there, under the surface -deep under the surface. But it's there regardless. I had on my bed satin sheets & cases -something I've always wanted but have never indulged in. AND 2 new luxurious pillows. AND on the bed were 12+ long stem pink tipped white roses -very pretty. AND a gift certificate to a local spa for a facial, massage & makeover. I was blown away, to say the least. I was partly joking when I said "now I know why you're never romantic; now that you've started, you can't stop. What what can you do to top this next time?" Seriously. This was by far the best Vday I've had. And the icing on the cake? not a drop of chocolate. (I know some will scoff at this; but I'm not eating chocolate these days, so yes, this was very thoughtful). Wow. I'm still blown away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you shackin up with someone else? cause that can't be my bro! ;) hahaha. glad he could finally show you how important you are! --linds