10 February 2006

minor update

So I haven't posted in forever. I crocheted scarves for Princess Fiona & Madster for xmas. They coveted the scarf my mom crocheted for Snick (which she actually gave to Lib b/c it was a little short for her taste). They all wanted to wear it. I figured out the pattern. It was definitely homespun yarn so I used that as well. They're soft & pretty & the girls wear them when it's cold. (will post pics soon)

I've been slacking in the knitting/crochet dept. I'm ALMOST finished w/ the prayer shawl I started, what, last summer. I still have the scarf for Lindz otn. BUT all is not lost: I've joined Team Colorado http://teamcolorado.blogspot.com/ for the Knitting Olympics. Tonight at the opening ceremony (well, not "at" but in front of my t.v.) I will start my new project: a pair of felted slippers in a purple Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride wool. I'll have 16 days to finish. Sounds motivating doesn't it?

I've also decided to join a group of knitters on every other Sunday. That should prove to be motivational as well.

I have started a pair of pajama pants for G. They're easy enough. I just need an hour to myself to finish them up. Yay for me! My first sewing project in years! I had forgotten how much I really enjoy sewing!

The very best news for last: I have enrolled in a "professional sewing" course & am going to "beginning sewing" class 1x/week. It's been fairly easy so far but definitely informative. It's a small group & I'm really pleased w/ it (that & getting out of the house sans bebes).

No comments: