14 March 2006

March madness

So we'll be gone for the regionals AND the semis. Bummer. Like I really need to sit around all day watching college hoops for weeks on end. Nevertheless, it is a bummer. To miss one of the most exciting months in sports. Maybe we can catch some in a pub somewhere. Doubtful. But you never know. Ha! This may be a way to get G to go out to a pub w/ me! So I've picked no cinderella teams this year. Seton Hall over Wichita and NC St over CA. All of the 9th seeds over the 8s. Everything else is nothing spectacular. Looks kind of boring, actually. That's just the 1st round. Haven't picked anything past that yet. Hey, I've got a couple more days. Chill.

On the homefront: Fi's fever finally broke. Thank God. I'm sooooooooo tired from waking up so much over the last week. At least last night it was just Finn. Lib seems much better.

Poor G's birthday was less than boring. We did have his favorite meal -corned beef & cabbage (which, Madster has decided is also her favorite & has requested it as her birthday meal as well). Yeah yeah yeah, it is a couple days early to be eating that meal. But hey, St Paddy's falls on a Friday this year; I imagine we'll be eating fish sandwiches or something like that so I don't have to cook (we're leaving @ 9pm). I certainly miss PGH this time of year. Nothing like a tasty fish sandwich from Abate's or Nied's. We have no seafood here in CO. Well, nothing other than what is flown in frozen from who knows where. And it's mostly limited to salmon, trout, shrimp, catfish. Occasional yellowfin & other pricey seafood can be found @ Whole Foods, etc. But it's not the same as buying from Wholey's. And there is not a good fish sandwich that I've found here. Sad but true.

No comments: