08 March 2006

more oscar notes & homefront stuff

so why in the world weren't Walk the Line & the Constant Gardner even nominated? I guess I will have to watch the rest to compare; I only saw Crash & Brokeback so far. Probably b/c my opportunities to actually get out to movies are limited & Crash is the only one on DVD so far. Thank god for netflix or I'd never see newer flicks.

So the girls are sick -Fiona's better; she was under the weather a couple days ago, but feeling better today. Lib's had a fever for 2 days. I feel miserable just looking at her. She's lethargic & all that goes w/ fever & small children. They're both congested. Fi refuses to blow her nose so she coughs until she gags. (Like you all want to read about this mess)(you're welcome for my sharing, btw). Hopefully they'll be well b4 we leave next week.

OMG! We're leaving for Ireland next week! Well, technically for RI then Ireland! Then London! Snick & I are trying to plan out what we'll be doing in London so as to not waste any time sitting around doing nothing. I've booked a BnB in Belgravia/Knightsbridge that is en suite & w/ a little sitting room. I think we're going to the theatre the first night. I know Buckingham Palace/changing of the guards is on the list. I don't know if Snick would like to do the London Eye. I can't imagine why not. I think I'll try to do it at dusk this time just to get a different feel. We'll do some shopping @ Covent Garden. Tea @ Kensington Gardens (can't think of the name of the place there). The usual sight seeing stuff. Will post w/ pics & details when we get back.

And the WEDDING! OMG. The whole reason we're going over again. It's like 2 1/2 weeks away!!!! We got the girls' shoes -all converse for a punk wedding. Lib wanted the black w/ flames. Fi chose the original looking black. Madster got all black. Interesting that they each chose something different. No, they're not wearing black. Pretty off-white sleeveless dresses. Maddie has gloves.

And then I thought, how can I eat my Irish fry if I'm not eating red meat??????? It's only my favorite breakfast in the world. What will happen if I go ahead & eat it? Will my insides revolt? What a quandary.

I've told G that we have to get DVR for the digital cable. Now that I'm working (pt nights), I'll miss CSI. And while we're gone, we'll miss the season finale of The Shield, not to mention the Sopranos. Not that it would REALLY bother me to miss episodes. It is only t.v after all. Not high on my list of priorities. But what else can I do @ night while I'm knitting? I'm certainly not going to watch t.v w/o knitting (or doing something w/ my hands), so why would I knit (or whatever) w/o doing something w/ my ears? I think I will start taking out books on CD from the library. I definitely wouldn't have to watch t.v then. Well, except for those few select shows that I enjoy -hence the need for DVR. I'm feeling just a little conflicted today, can you tell?

1 comment:

G thang said...

Saint Patrick's Day is only a week away, and you know I will pick up some puddings from The Cheese Co. Yum, more Irish fry for me.