06 June 2006

and now I am the mom of a h.s. graduate

and this is what we did over the weekend:






didn't scan in the whole thing...430+ graduates & Nikki's on the first page. Pictures to be posted as soon as I get the CD.

I didn't cry like I thought I might. It was too darn hot to cry -record high of 94 in Denver; don't know what Boulder's temp was, but it was freakin' hot as heck @ 9am in the direct sun. Glad I wasn't one of those seniors in their dark purple, stifling cap & gowns. That & trying to keep 3 little ones occupied during the ceremony was very distracting for me. We sat through the entire beginning & not quite half of the diplomas then I thought it might be easier-for us & the folks sitting around us!- to get the girls out of the bleachers. We finished the ceremony in the back, kind of in the shade. My bro was there but we didn't run into him. We did run into our good friend V, though, entirely unplanned. Thanks to Nikki's dad for saving us seats in the beginning -getting everyone out of the house @ 7am was impossible & we didn't actually leave until almost 8!

Party @ B's afterwards was fun. We FINALLY got to meet the boyfriend Kevin. He seems very nice. B's mom & niece were there as well & it was great to see them again after 5 years.

No comments: