07 September 2006

SP8

So knit blogger to whom I've been a secret pal the past 3 months is Renee. She's a very talented knitter. She inspires me. She's got a little dog named FIONA -what a coincidence.

I can FINALLY reveal myself. I've sent post cards & e-cards & emails. I sent 2 packages. The first had 3 different purple yarns (her favorite color) & a Fray cd (she said she would like to hear some of my favorite music), a purple knitting bag I made and a purple dishcloth I crocheted (one for her & one for me to remember her by). There was a mystery book with a crafting theme. and a purple candle w/ purple glass candle holder. And I can't remember what else. It was alot of fun to get her questionaire & then find things that I thought she would enjoy.

The second package should arrive today. I wanted to do another color theme with her other favorite colors of turquoise & chocolate brown but as far as I got w/ that was another dishcloth & some yarn. The rest of it is local products (soap, beeswax candle, red zinger tea, water, trail mix, lip balm) & some stitch markers that I made. I had wanted to make biscuits for Fiona too, but thought they might be greasy from the peanut butter & stain the yarn. The soap is something I want to get for myself -there are about 15 flavors & they all smell soooooooooooo wonderful. I had to enlist the help of Fi & Lib or I would've bought every scent & that would have been the whole package! I agonized over the stitch markers b/c I'd never made them b4. So I was worried that they wouldn't turn out the way I wanted or that I simply wouldn't be able to make them. Whatever. They were fairly easy & really pretty & fun to make. And they turned out exactly the way I intended. I hope they work. I didn't take the time to try them out b/c the package was late already & I just wanted to get it out to the P.O. Ah the dilemma of being a perfectionist who suffers from success anxiety.

As I've said, I really enjoyed doing this. However, I don't think I'll be participating in the next round of SP9. I'm going to take this idea & spoil family or friends instead. Yeah, if money were no issue, I'd gladly do this for a stranger again. But I think I know a few deserving women in my life who would also enjoy some mystery packages in the mail!

No comments: