29 September 2006

Beer!

So this is where I was last night & where I'll be tonight: The Great American Beer Festival!!. And what a great thing it is! I volunteered for security last night & had a blast. Tonight I'm volunteering as a brew crew pourer at the Blue Moon booth. Last night I couldn't drink; tonight I can :) OMG what a FUN event. I also hung some posters 2 weeks ago as a volunteer. So now I get a comp ticket. But I have to work on Saturday so G's using my ticket. I've already told him that next year he'll have to volunteer himself (it would be a fun "date night" thing to do, actually) for his own comp ticket. I am definitely volunteering again AND attending myself next year. They're expecting 14,000 people tonight & more than that on Saturday night. I should have notated the brewers that I want to visit to sample their wares. There is just about any beer imaginable from the US. Well, there are obviously not all of them there. I noted some important ones missing. But I'll check it out in more detail tonight on my breaks. Last night I was fairly limited in the areas I was able to see. I highly recommend this festival as a must do yearly activity!

No comments: