26 March 2007

flashback of the week -or Adventures in Parenting

We were watching a bit of "Singles" the other day & it got me to thinking of this vid. You'll have to scroll down & start it yourself to view/listen. I was also reminded that Snick was about 4 when that movie came out &, lacking a sitter, she went w/ me & some friends to see the flick. No biggie, right? You remember that scene where the dude's mom takes him to the doctor to learn about the birds & the bees? Innocuous, as were the rest of the "risque" type scenes that warrented the PG-13 rating. So that weekend we were at my parents & the adults were all sitting around the dining room table one night chatting. Snick was laying down in the living room to sleep & I hear her chime up "Mom? What's a penis?". Um, yeah.

And did we really dress like that? I think I have one flannel hanging in my closet still. It doesn't get much use these days. Why do I hang on to it? It's not even one of my original favorites; those have long been donated to Goodwill. And the hair. Holy crap. I'll have to dig up some pics to post. A stroll down memory lane might be fun.

No comments: