15 March 2007

lieutenants' lounge

Check out this blog created & maintained by a high school friend. Well, actually he's the twin brother of my best friend from high school. He was what Grace & I considered a "dweeb" (natch, what else is your brother when you're in high school? My bro was a burnout & we still thought he was a dweeb) & (of course) he was a pain in our collective butt. But look! Chuck's all grown up & he's a t.v. weather man! & he voluntarily! signed up for the reserves in the last year or so. Now he's reporting quasi-live from Iraq. Get this: he got to see the birth of his son via webcam! Cool, huh?

Ah, high school memories...Grace & me -staying just out of reach of trouble. Chuck & his bud Ben (not my brother) getting on our cases about it. Like the time we "borrowed" the blinking saw horse so we could take it home & dismantle & figure out how it worked. Yeah, we were odd girls. Ditzy even, at times. I blame it on the youthful disconnect b/t brain & synapses (or whatever it is that scientists are learning about the teenage brain these days). Anywho, I remember the admonition from Chuck & Ben. HA! No, we did not get into trouble over that, boys! What's that bumpersticker? "Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere." Apparantly, dweebs grow up to be good guys. I'm proud to have grown up w/ you, Chuck!

No comments: