31 March 2007

not bad, not bad at all



The regular season's almost over & who isn't impressed by the strides the Pens have made this season?? I mean, thus far it's a 5 way tie for 6th place overall. This from a team that has struggled to make it out of the dregs of the league for the last few -if not longer- years. (Albeit, we did get some choice draft picks). I'm impressed. They've got a playoff spot clinched. Yay!!! It's freakin' exciting! They're a young team. Um, with some seasoned vets thrown in, of course. And the young pups are developing nicely. Yes, it is FREAKING EXCITING. FINALLY! You know we've been waiting years for our team to make a comeback as a force to be reckoned with (sorry for the cliche). Watching footage -'cause all I get are highlights on ESPN out here- takes me back to those golden days in the 90's. Thank God for XM radio! And then playoffs in 2 weeks! I'm waiting impatiently. After the strike 4 years ago, I felt I had lost my passion for hockey. Being 1500 miles away from my favorite team doesn't help to fuel a waning passion either. The Pens got tons of t.v. time briefly when Mario made his "return" to the ice. After that, nothin'. So it's been a slow ride for me to actually keep up with the happenings at the Arena. It didn't help that we didn't visit for four years. Maybe now they'll have a little more t.v. coverage & I'll be able to participate in this long distance relationship on a more personal level. I'll say it again: FREAKING EXCITING!!!!

No comments: