17 December 2007

did you notice the short hair?

One Saturday morning in early November I was leaving for work when Maddie begged me to help her brush her hair. It looked like only the very top layer had been brushed...in the last 3 days. There was a huge knot on the underside. Did I say huge? I meant huge, in that it involved probably every strand but for a handful. I didn't have time -it would have taken a good 30 minutes. She had been wanting to grow her hair a little longer so that she could cut it to donate to Locks of Love and still have it be shoulder length. I implored Garrett to PLEASE take her that very day, regardless of the end length. OMG. The difference is remarkable! And so very cute! Posh Spice inspired. Mad has the perfect hair for this style -thick & wavy. I had to weigh it just so see. There was a "mere" 3.5 ounces of hair braided & cut off for donation. A very pretty do it will be for some little girl. And there have been only a couple bad hair "moments". You know, even as a 3 year old Maddie had bad hair days. Now it's limited to occasional unruly bedhead & some flyaways. Nothing a little water & hairspray can't fix. Easy peasy to wash, dry, style. WE LOVE IT!

before
during
This was yesterday waiting for light rail to go downtown to DCPA. It's been about a month & she's ready for a trim.

No comments: