17 December 2007

Thanksgiving 2007, posted a few weeks late

Lib, Fi & I went to school to have the special Thanksgiving lunch with Mad.


The food is pretty much the same as 25 years ago. The turkey was more "real": it wasn't processed slices -a slight improvement.
The styrofoam bums me out. 400+ of those babies in the trash every day -in one school.
even the milk is the same.


these cute centerpieces were sold with proceeds going towards a children's hospital library (or something like that). Note the silk tablecloths. Fancy schmancy.


here is our thanksgiving turkey breast. I opted for less meat since we wasted a lot last christmas. I saw this particular recipe prepared on Martha Stewart. It's Emeril's. It looked so tasty & fairly easy; I had to try it.

with the leftovers I made a turkey pot pie. Prepared in this lovely quiche pan I received as a birthday gift from G's parents. Squeeeee! Isn't it pretty? The pan and the pie!!!
scrummy! Fiona had 3 servings

No comments: