08 May 2006

1st communion

Yesterday was one of those "hey this is a really good day" kind of days. Everything went off without a hitch. We woke up with time to get ready without rushing. Maddie's hair was perfect -as was her attitude/mood. No spills on the dress. Got to church on time. Service was great. We (Fiona, Maddie & I) were chosen to carry the gifts up to the alter. Had good friends show up in support at mass & at the little party we had at home. All the kids played well together. Guests arrived at staggered times so I never had overwhelming hostess duties. It was just a perfect day. Even working overnight went well. I could easily do that on a regular basis. It suits my insomnia/night owlish behavior. Of course, I'm pretty darn tired just now. I could nap for another hour or so.

No comments: