05 May 2006

up to my eyeballs in puke & a minor rant

that's right. Got your attention didn't it? Actually that was G's gig tonight. Gross, huh? I've never seen him move so fast -not even in soccer. It's been a week now & the babes are just back & forth with this bug. Just when I think it's over..."blech". And if it's not that, it's the other end. I've been doing laundry & more laundry. Scrubbing carpet. Sanitizing. Ousting. Febreezing. The smell has permeated everything. And then it's been cold the last couple days. So the windows are shut. Tomorrow we start a new tactic: hand washing every couple hours AND using purell. Something's gotta give. The poor things.

Then Lib tells me this morning "mommy ant in playroom". Great. Now what. Yes, there were a couple. In order to find out where the little buggers were coming from & where they were headed, I did a thorough spring clean in there. No easy task that: these kids have enough toys that I could open my own FAO Schwartz. Or we could entertain all the children from a small country. Either way, it was Just_Too_Much.

I have decided that there will be no new toys in the house. For how long, I haven't decided. And I'm putting my foot down: NO new stuffies. NO new baby/preschool books (exception for EXCELLENT artwork only). NO new babydolls. NO new purses. NO new games. ABSOLUTELY NO happy meal toys. And NO JUNK. God. There is so much STUFF in that room. When we were house hunting, it was for a house with a room just for toys. Done. Well, now we have too many toys for even that room. I mean, seriously folks. We've been "collecting" toys for at least 10 years. We still have some of Nikki's toys. Maddie's toys. Now new toys for Fi & Lib. Toys are made of plastic, generally, and tend to last a looooooooooooong time. We've also accumulated a small library over time. It's frustrating to pick up for everyone.

Anyway, that said, Art supplies are always welcome in our house. Playdough -cheap & hugely entertaining- is always on short supply. Musical instruments are good. Lessons are good. Memberships to family friendly places are good. Sporting equipment/outdoor toys are good. Furniture/decor stuff for the girls' rooms/toy room is good. As are organizational doodads for those same rooms/girls.

I just don't understand. Wouldn't you think that people who've had kids would already know all this? And for people who don't have kids? HA! Payback's a bitch. mwahahahahahahaha! What do you think fills my garage so that my car won't fit???? Again, I says HA!!!!

Oh yeah, I never did find any other ants but the ones I squished. But the room is clean.

No comments: