06 May 2006

while I can still sit

So I'll be away for a bit I believe. Tomorrow is the Madster's first Holy Communion! Wow! She's a bit nervous -she was sick after her soccer game today & she decided to not eat the rest of the day for fear that she would throw up again & not be able to participate tomorrow. So that's @ 9am. G has a game @ 11 so he won't be home 'til afternoon. Haven't decided if we'll eat without him or not. I imagine people will be hungry & I don't want to make them wait or leave & come back.

So tonight I'm busy making sides for tomorrow. And cleaning. And tonight is Snick's senior prom; I'll be picking her up at some point before the morning. Did I tell you I just got home from work? I have a card & photo album I'm putting together for Mad. Tonight.

Tomorrow night I'm working overnight! Taking Snick to the bus @ 6am. Then I'm working again @ 5pm. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Yeah yeah yeah. I can hear G now: "sleep". I'm starting to look at insomnia as a blessing instead of curse. I've had it off & on pretty much all my life. or at least from the time I was a teenager. Saw a movie preview last night. The main character says "I'll sleep when I'm dead". That is how I've come to look at it now. If I'm not sleeping, I have more time in my day to get other stuff done. Mainly me time stuff. Don't get me wrong -I enjoy sleep as much as the next person. I just can't get there all the time or at least not until I'm exhausted. And I sleep so lightly that it doesn't take much for me to wake. And of course, once awake I can't get back to sleep for hours usually.

Well that's me in a nutshell. Must leave to make potato salad. German potato salad. Yum. See me in a few days!

No comments: