10 May 2006

SP8 questions/answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't have a "favorite"...I like them all!!! That said, I haven't quite mastered the ability to work well with the really fluffy/eyelashy stuff.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now they're all in a drawer.
I have a pattern & material all ready for a needle case...it is my next sewing project!

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for almost 1 year; I'm intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have. The craft wish list is linked to the title up there....

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I'm liking sweet pea just now. Usually I prefer more "oriental/woodsy" scents; rosemary is yummy too

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do, but it is uncontrollable...so I refrain mostly. My very favorite candy is a Crunchie from CadburyUK

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin, but I do sew & crochet & am trying my hand @ linoleum block printing & stencil printing & embroidery. I am a natural born DIY'er; there are many home dec projects simmering.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I do have an MP3 player; I enjoy various types of music. Particularly: brit pop, swing, disco, 80's rock, 80's pop, and some punk

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I only do pastels very occasionally. I'm more of a jewel tone kind of gal. I am going through this orange phase. Esp, orange & pink or orange & red. Although I am feeling a green fascination beginning....

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
We have 4 daughters, 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
hats I enjoy, but don't really wear except for winter. Scarves I love. and haven't knitted a poncho yet...another future project

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I just crocheted a dishcloth; it was fun & easy & instantaeously gratifying. Scarves & socks are also fun.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am knitting a scarf

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like bamboo straights & aluminum circs

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
not yet

17. How did you learn to knit?
a class to get started & everything else is books or online

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 mos

19. What is your favorite holiday?
fourth of july

20. Is there anything that you collect?
craft supplies/projects hahahaha :P

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
There are no subscriptions; I have some books on my wish list; I really want to buy more addi turbo circs.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to teach myself to carry with my left hand instead of right; also how to wind a skein of yarn into a ball without it becoming a tangled mess in the process

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. ~9.5 inches

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 11/03

No comments: