29 May 2006

who will go with me?

I haven't been to a concert in I can't tell you how long. I'm feeling very out of the loop. And old. I mean, it's not like I have the unlimited funds that concert going requires these days. Nor do I necessarliy have a sitter. But there are a few shows this summer at Red Rocks that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see. Allman Bros. with Yonder Mountain String Band opening. Widespread. Bob Weir & Ratdog with String Cheese Incident. CROSBY, STILLS, NASH, AND YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even Blues Traveler over the 4th. And Gov't Mule with YMSB. Then there's Ani Defranco @ the Folks Festival in Lyons. Sexy-for-an-older-man Kris Kristofferson is also on that lineup. RockyGrass would also be a fun weekend. But who will go with me? None of my friends here are really into this kind of music. My brother will probably go but not with me; he'll tell me about it after the fact. My sis lives too far away. G's not into the scene either. I suppose I could go alone. It wouldn't be the first time. But it's not as much fun as going with friends. Any takers out there?

2 comments:

a girl said...

Going alone is just not as fun. If it is imperative that you go, well, go alone... otherwise find someone. Maybe a friend is openminded enough to go to a show for the sheer experience... that's what I do for my boy. And I 'make him' do that for me as well. Of course we went to see Springsteen last year and it was horrid - he will never let me live it down. I have gone to see the Cure alone - and I would do it again. But I do a lot of things alone. Allman Bros was one of the best shows ever. CSNY was good, but not great (saw them in '99 or '00). And I'll bet that your sis would like to visit you.

Anonymous said...

i will go with you to shows when we finally move there. come on august! i will also babysit. good luck gettin g to do anything he doesn't want to do. ;P