11 May 2006

projects galore

So I 've been working on the branching out scarf. The first one. Still. I have ripped out more times than I care to admit to. Sucks to be sure; but I will not be defeated. Now as I was knitting along last night, I noticed that somehow the knit side & the garter side had got switched around. I thought I'd be clever & go an extra purl line to get it all back again. That worked for a bit but then it got turned around again. This may turn out to be one of those projects that I keep for myself b/c the prototype was not as I would like it to be for a gift. It is getting easier though. And it does look like the pattern is supposed to.

I finished a top & skirt for Fi. Just need a button & elastic put in.

I'm starting the sheers today. It's a daunting task but I have to bite the bullet & just do it. The window was naked for a while (thankfully the neighbors have some distance b/t us); now it's had a sheet up for another while. I have to get this done BECAUSE the pantry door is permanantly disabled & I'm going to sew panels for it instead.

I found a pattern for a sunbonnet for the girls (free online @ mother earth news). I bought some material & will start that asap also.

I guess I should get off the computer & get busy around here. I'm making guac today b4 work.

And there are uncontrollable giggles coming from the other room; must investigate &/or get in on the action!!

No comments: