11 July 2006

has it been that long already?

I'm baaaack after my short hiatus to the east coast. It was just long enough b/c my kids were driving me crazy towards the end, and yet not long enough b/c I didn't get to see everyone that I intended to visit. I had wanted to leave out on the saturday but had to work the night b4 & so didn't get any packing done (or cleaning 'cuz you know how it is to leave w/ a clean house.) So it took all day Saturday to get out the door. When finally the car was packed & everyone was belted in & goodbye kisses were given & received, I turned the key in the ignition and...nothing. We had run the battery dead. And it was 11:30pm. So amidst tears & great protestation everyone got out of the car & into their respective beds to start anew the next morning. The mechanic who did the tune-up did say we'd need a new battery soon. Well, that was sooner than expected but better in our own driveway than five hours into our journey in the middle of godforsaken Nebraska. We finally headed out around noon and only had to turn around the block once for a forgotten sweater. Whew.

No comments: