20 July 2006

my latest art installation


pictures don't do it justice, really.

the original inspiration came from this. I blew up just the heart and then used colored pencils to give it some depth and at least a touch of my own creativity. (I still don't feel completely comfortable drawing my own artwork.)

Beautifully rendered on my skin by JD at Phantom 8.

I like it alot. I asked for little or no black & I got exactly what I asked for! For the first time!! JD has a cool vibe & was laidback too, not some arrogant punk twenty-something tattoo artist like I have encountered elsewhere in my quest for ink. (more on that quest at my other blog) And he has a nice touch; not too deep like he's carving out my skin in the process (ouch!). It was actually enjoyable. Darn, now I have no fear of pain to prevent me from getting another one. (and then there's my bro who says that if it doesn't hurt, it's not deep enough & won't last???)(I hope this isn't true). I am so impressed, I do believe I'll be back for more b4 the end of the year. This is just the inner forearm; I have plans for my whole left arm. (and I have plans to send my bro, as well as bring G's mom & sister & her husband mwahahaha)

Funny note: when I visited the shop to make my appointment, I took Fi with me. JD walks out into the reception area to help me & Fi whispers up to me "Do pirates live here??". "No, I don't think so." She looks at JD again and then at some of the flash on the walls & says "I think they do live here".

No comments: