14 July 2006

toads




so madster was quite happy to go toad hunting; it was a new experience b/c I don't think we've ever seen one in our neighborhood. We heard them all around at night @ my parents' house. She found two while visiting my good friends M & C near my parents'. And she found another while visiting my good friend/mad's godmother C in PGH. She would have kept them but for the ride home. She was sad to let them go; a little indignant when she couldn't find any right @ my parent's even though she could hear them. It was just the coolest thing watching her on the trip. Being 8 is such a magical time. She made a fairy home at M & C's b/c they live in the woods & "it seems like the kind of place where you might find anything, you know, like fairies or wild animals or anything"

No comments: