13 July 2006

i'm knitting again!

I crocheted these nifty washcloths b4 I left on holiday. The patterns are here. I did the "janelle's star" and the "latticework"; fun & nearly instantaneous gratification.
ooooh pretty Posted by Picasa
I also started another; I think it's round. I left off & will probably have to frog it to start anew. One of these days I will remember to write down where I leave off when I have to put a project down for an extended period of time.

I've also cast on numerous times for the Sexy Knitters Club project. I got through the 1st row & decided that I didn't like how the piece was joined on the circulars. Grrr. Then I kept getting interrupted (darn that "Cinderella Man" movie & it's many suspenseful moments!) & losing count. Yes, I do have a stitch counter thingy. But all is well. I will cast on today AND join the ends correctly. 180 cast on is easy to lose track of counts with kids running amok during the day & a movie that I can't stop watching at night. The pattern so far seems to be easy enough. We'll see how it goes as I get to the little cap sleeves & the yoke collar. Some techniques that I've not tried yet. I'm doing it in TLC Cotton Plus in this really pretty, rich red color. I'll post a picture when I've got a little more than the 1st row OTN.

And I'm trying to participate in the Knit the Classics projects for July & August. I'm actually reading the book this month, so that's a start. Too bad the Sexy Knitter's Club project doesn't fit in India circa 1930 (I think that's the time frame). I'm at a loss for what to knit. I thought maybe a shawl of some sort. Or some sort of veil. Hmmmmm. That may be the ticket. Now to find a pattern & get busy.

Finally, I'm actually finishing the girls' sheers. It's really not a difficult project. Don't know why it felt so daunting. Maybe my mom's complaints in the back of my mind about sewing w/ slippery, sheer fabrics. I've used fusible tape on the edges so as to avoid as much sewing as possible. I sewed the rod pocket w/ no problems whatsoever. I'm thinking the tape acts as a stabilizer & makes stitching easier. Have to ask my mom if she didn't use a stabilizer & that's what made sewing these fabrics difficult for her. I will have to put some kind of fringe or beads or something along the bottom edge as I've cut it too short to actually hem it up. But the one panel that is now hanging in the window does look very pretty & is exactly what I expected. Yay!!!!!

No comments: