14 July 2006

where have I been?

obviously oblivious to the boob tube. I can't believe I missed this. Not that I'm a big fan of reality t.v. with the exception of the occasional Amazing Race or Project Runway -it pretty much all sucks time & energy from my limited supply. I mean, my own life is real enough, is it not? Why do I need to voyeuristically participate in someone else's? I should be paid for someone to watch my life unfold, not the other way around. Anyhoo. I haven't seen the show yet. Didn't watch any of last season's search for the INXS lead singer. Don't know what my opinion is about my once heartthrob Jason Newsted being involved in such a "commercial" and obvious "sell out". I mean, to go from Flotsam to Metallica to whatever his own band was called? to frigging Voivod to this tripe? I don't know. Is it good that he's still working, always evolving? Or is this the end of the end? Good that Tommy Lee is still forward thinking & evolving beyond what his former bandmates were capable of doing for themselves; he's not playing small venues & hasn't gained 200 lbs & mostly stays out of the bad press. Gilby? Meh. Was never a big Gilby Clarke fan; he was always kind of in the background of GNR. So an interesting group to be sure. Wonder who's original idea this was, really?? Shite, now I have to add another t.v. show to my week. It may push me past my threshold. I think it's holding steady @ 2/week. So, now that the Sopranos is over for the year & Big Love & the Shield. Hmmmm, that's 3. So we now have Rock Star, Project Runway, and that's all I can think of at the moment...and that's enough really. Thank god for DVR & forwarding past commercials.

No comments: