16 August 2006

and now I am the mom of an 18 yo...(sigh)

who thinks I live in the wrong zip code. As in she refers to her dad's house has home & lists it on anything requiring an address. The concept is foreign to me. Our home is in a very nice neighborhood. We live conveniently close to all possible cultural events. We just don't live in "Boulder County" (or Broomfield Co for that matter). She is a zip code snob. And she is blind to anything that doesn't occur in Boulder despite the fact that Denver is ripe with activities & culture & art & a plethora of fun ways to spend time (or money). I never thought she would turn into one of those "Boulderites" who think that the world revolves around 22 sq miles; you know, the kind who thinks Denver is soooooooo far away, far too far to drive there. A whole lightyear of 30+/- miles, god forbid. Of course, what did I expect? She's been in Boulder since 3rd grade. I have only myself to blame for not insisting that she change schools when we moved. And now she's going to CU. Not too adventerous she. I know when I graduated, I couldn't wait to move the heck AWAY from my hometown & explore something new. Well, it's her loss at the moment; what will it take for her to expand her horizons?

No comments: