20 August 2006

remember this guy?

One of my all time faves. And yes, I missed him when Rollins Band & X came through this sad little cowtown-wants-to-be-L.A. But I did happen to tune in the other night when Rollins Band was playing on IFC. And Henry shows up barefoot & in plum silk p.j.s Sorry, there is no other way to describe the outfit. I was slightly taken aback. I mean this is HENRY friggin' ROLLINS. I don't know if this is his new, more mature, laid back look or what. But it was not what I was expecting. And it just didn't fit either. Ya just can't sing all hard & punk rock when you're dressed like that and expect to make it work. Don't get me wrong. The band sounds GREAT. But I kept getting stuck wondering about Henry's getup instead of really listening to the music..."yes, that's Henry"..."Yes, that is henry"..."I can't believe that's Henry"..."why is he dressed like that"..."so that's what Henry's feet look like"..."He's still got that punk rock stance while he sings"..."not bad for an old guy"..."why is he dressed like that?"..."is he not so buff anymore & he's covering up?"..."his feet just look odd without combat boots"..."or some kind of black shoes"..."geez his hair's getting gray"..."and thin"..."why in the world would he dress like that & sing like THAT????" Can't even tell you what the song was about.

No comments: