14 November 2006

all in good time

so for the last few months I've been looking for this musician to no avail. I had run across her quite accidentally online (who knows why or what I was looking for at the time; I certainly don't remember). Anyway I was intrigued by her unique vocals. But I didn't bookmark anything I found & I did not add her to my "friend list" on myspace, either. I promptly forgot her name. I remember she was somewhere on the west coast & that she was kind of experimental folksy. But do you know how many artists are listed on myspace as such? Gobs. I am not about to spend hours looking through the alphabetical list in hopes of maybe finding one artist. Imagine my extreme excitement this morning as I found her face on the entertainment page of the newspaper I was perusing. And we don't even subscribe to the paper; we're getting a "free" couple days for the deliverer's attempt at enticement. Here's one more example of "everything happens for a reason". or "timing". or whatever it is that you want to call it when a good thing -something you've been waiting for, searching for- happens unexpectedly.

No comments: