21 April 2007

flashback of the week

caught these dudes on London Live! on some HD channel last week. I was reminicsing to G about when they first came on the scene. I remember listening to a friggin' cassette someone had; it must have been pre-'95 b/c B & I were still together. I remember a bunch of us were at (I think) Johnny's (Jaundice's) dad's place in Lawrenceville on or about the 4th of July. His dad had these 2 little dogs -shi tzu's or something. Like little mops. I'm sure we were all partaking in some recreational activities -besides beers, that is. It was one of those "check out this demo tape I got" moments. I didn't like them then, & they never did grow on me. Don't know why; it's definitely the scene we were in at the time. But look how YOUNG they are in this vid...like little kids. Like we looked at the time, I'm sure. I'm feeling old today.

Oh, now I remember why I never clicked with this band: the word "cacophonous" comes to mind. It has a good beat, you can mosh to it...until the music gets all dissonant & sucky. The same reason I never liked Primus. Just a little too much on the "you call that music?" side for me.

No comments: