17 April 2007

taxes, schmaxes

amidst the frenetic 11th hour turbo tax hysteria, my wanders to a leisurly stroll across the Thames. It could be worse, I've waited until literally the 11th hour to do my taxes. Back in the day when my taxes were so simple as noting wages earned & taxes paid, and voila! refund check in the mail. Yeah, I could have filed earlier & received my refund sooner; good ol' procrastination had struck again. Not so this year. This year I purposely waited to file. This is the year uncle sam takes a huge bite outta my income. we're talkin' bite so big he looks like Lib when she stuffs an adult size french toast bite in her mouth & she can hardly shut her mouth to chew big. ouch . Damn the man; that f*cker can wait for his money. (I'm just a little unhappy, no?) And so, here I sit, reminiscing. Daydreaming. Probably the next big trip will be cross country to PA this summer. Can't wait to get on the road again!!



1 comment:

renee said...

Same boat here. I did spend most of the weekend working on them so I was free and clear yesterday, which was nice. But I'm not looking forward to paying that bill.

Denver Tourism has been covering this market with commercials and billboards lately.