15 August 2007

day 7: hanging out

Monday we just hung out at my parents'. Went in town to meet up w/ Carol whom we've known since she was an art student dating our friend Mark. & their son Noah whom we've known since birth -a year after Nikki. Too bad there isn't such a thing as parental matchmaking anymore. Sorry Snick, just had to mention that. You know what I mean. Lunch in the park was Bob's Slob -another yearly must-eat & drool from 1500 miles away. I've been eating here since I can't even remember when. Same friendly faces, same tasty subs. The best! Sadly, I forgot to get a snap for yinz.

After that we all went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I need to see it again without children -two separate potty breaks caused me to miss integral parts. Then again, in comparison to the book, what I did see was not what I expected. It was hurried & left out huge chunks of what could have been fantastic fun. True, the movie is never as good as the book & this is no exception. But still. I was really looking forward to the quidditch/Ron Weasley scenes. And the "headmistress" wasn't nearly as sinister onscreen as she could have been. Bah.

My sister had arrived at our parents' while we were at the movie. We spent the evening catching lightning bugs. We don't have them in CO, so it was an adventure for the girls.

getting the mail with Grandpa...it's a little different than at home




Who is that hippie & how did he get up on that statue? Where are his parents??



it's the lightning bug brigade





Sioux!

No comments: