01 August 2007

day 4: more Pittsburgh


We went to South Side Works to shop at H & M, as I had promised Snick (no, we do NOT have one in Denver...wah!). Our good friend Sean went with us to hang out. The littles tried to get him to play hide & seek -"hey! you can't find me" - in the clothes racks but he was proccupied w/ his text phone.


After H&M we walked back this litte tunnel to discover these cool mosaics & this "secret" water fountain. You know, the girls & water...always a recipe for disastrous fun.






When we realized we had been back there a while, -& I had missed a couple calls from Chris regarding our evening plans- we mosied back out in public & the girls found this fab interactive fountain. Maybe it was the time of day, maybe the location, or the fact that it had just downpoured an hour earlier, but there were no other kids playing in the water. Not a problem for these tykes...more water for themselves. Here they are still kind of dry so we could go do our dinner plans.





the longer we waited for Sean to meet back up with us, the harder it was to prevent them from getting wet. Yeah, impossible to stop the sopping wet fun. I felt bad for the kids leaving The Cheesecake Factory, all dressed up with their parents, not allowed to join in. This was an excellent fountain...if it were me, I'd make sure my kids were dressed to play in the water after dinner!



"what will happen if I put this flower head on top of the fountain, I wonder?"



Big sister, not dressed for the activity, looks on with amusement

No comments: