20 March 2008

talent show re-cap





I took the wrong camera, so no good pics to post. I was quite pleased to see that it was indeed a talent "show" and not a talent contest. There was jumping rope, martial arts, tap dance, piano, singing -acapella & accompanied with cds. A virtuoso violinist, dulcimer while singing Beatles, gymnastics, joke telling, etc etc etc. And a conga player! Some acts were long & Maddie was near the end of the day. She She made her performance short & sweet -about 30 seconds! Maddie told me she had some more beats, but that the teacher asked that the remaining performers try to cut it short -to which Maddie obliged. She thought some people in the audience looked honestly happy to hear her & others were rude. I told her people were probably getting antsy. The 5th graders didn't even get to showcase their talents today; time ran out.

I heard there are 27 neighborhood kids applying for 20 ECE spots in the fall. We're not neighborhood. So I don't know where that leaves us. I also heard that letters of "acceptance" will be sent out next week. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll hear something positive (still waiting to hear about Fiona's kindergarten acceptance...again, I can't get into it right now. My blood will boil & I'd rather remain chill for the last hour before work). Lib is REALLY REALLY looking forward to going to school in the fall. Miss Kathy, Fi's teacher, invites Lib to stay with the ECE class frequently. So much so that Lib requests to stay almost daily. She raises her hand to answer questions & today Miss Kathy even called on Lib for "attendance". The only downside to our being in the classroom is that Fiona then wants to sit with me & that seem distracting to her ability to interact in class.

Now after spending another whole day away from home, I'm wishing I didn't have to work tonight; I have so much to do. Then again, my hours have been short as it is. I'm GLAD to be going to work. Even though it is close to 70 degrees outside right now. Speaking of which, why the heck am I even sitting inside here tapping to you?!?!?!?

No comments: