14 May 2008

a guilty pleasure

The girls & I have recently been addicted to watching "How Clean Is Your House" on BBC America. It's so humorous & grotesque at the same time. It's alot like "You Are What You Eat" except it's about cleaning instead of fitness. At the beginning animation, Lib says every time "I see them's bums!" We spend equal time laughing & exclaiming "eeeeeewwwww! gross!!!!". It makes me want to get up & clean something, for a little while at least. Though my home is never in such total and disgusting disarray, I can totally empathize with some of the folks on the show: "I've got other things I'd rather be doing", "Why should I clean up after everyone if no one else wants to pitch in", etc etc. We've gotten some good natural cleaning tips, although I can't find bio washing powder in the grocery store. I think Whole Foods used to sell something that I used when we lived in Boulder that might be the same thing. I'll have to look for it again.

In order to get the girls to clean, I've been telling them things like "What would Kim & Aggie say if they saw this room?", to which they respond with all manner of Kim & Aggie'isms (you have to watch to understand). I then asked Fi, "Don't you want to straighten it up then?" "No." hmph.

Yesterday at lunch Lib turned to me and said, "When are those girls coming to our house?" "What girls?" "The girl the the short hair & the girl with the ponytail." I had to think a minute. She clarified for me, "The girls who do 'how clean in your house' on t.v." She's been waiting, I think, for that knock on the door. Yeah, if only.

No comments: