15 May 2008

Yay! My very first pair of socks completed!!

I'll post details later, I typed the whole story & my computer ate it. Every word.

I started this pair over a year ago. When I finished the first sock, it was about 1 1/2 inches too long. I set it aside, intending to frog a bit in order to shorten the foot. At the beginning of the new year, I decided to go on a UFO finishing rampage so I could justify starting new projects with yarn from my stash. I decided to go ahead & knit the second sock & frog the 1st sock after. It finally clicked that I should measure my own foot, try on the sock when the foot was about 1/2 finished & figure in the toe measurement. The second sock fit perfectly when finished!!! BUT the 2nd sock was knit in the K2P2 pattern, whereas the 1st sock was knit in the K1P1 pattern! I had to rip out the WHOLE first sock instead of just a few rows!!! No big deal though, and now the 1st sock fits perfectly too!! yay!! (I think I may have read two different versions of finishing b/c the toes look a little different between the two socks.)

pattern: Rock 'n Ribbed socks (K2P2) by Besty Lee McCarthy
yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock, heavyweight, unknown colorway
size: woman's medium






1 comment:

gilbride. said...

you're so awesome. can i put in a custom order for ro's first birthday? :D